Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatching Eggs

Go down

Hatching Eggs Empty Hatching Eggs

Post by Deryn Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:47 pm

I am looking for hatching eggs of either Welsummers or Copper Black Marans. Can anyone help?

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Hatching Eggs Empty Re: Hatching Eggs

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2018 7:49 am

I am looking for some Quail hatching eggs. These would need to be of a large breed for the table. I have only ever kept the Jap painted birds which were far to small. Can anybody help with some tips on how best to keep them please.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn Tue May 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi Wayland
We have large jap and have had a reasonable hatch rate so far. If you are interested can post you some for a small fee.
We keep some in the old rabbit hutches on milled straw and some in proper wire cages. The wire ones are far easier to clean but I think the ones in hutches look happier as they can roll in the bedding as a dust bath but they have to be picked up and put in spare hutch to clean out.
We feed the laying birds on free range layer mash made by Gains and the ones for the table on turkey starter crumb.

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi Deryn. I would like to take you up your kind offer of some Large Jap Quail hatching eggs. It would seem that they are usually kept in cages. Do they have problems with rats? I only ask as I have a block built stock shed vacant and I would like grow them on in this. I will build some sort of enclosure for them. Thanks for the info on feed stuffs. I have a large bater so whatever you can spare.
Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down