Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mild weather

3 posters

Go down

Mild weather Empty Mild weather

Post by Deryn Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Hope you made the most of the recent mild and dry weather. I managed to get the grass cut in the middle of Feb, not sure that will happen to often. Back to normal now with plenty of rain on the way.

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Mild weather Empty Re: Mild weather

Post by cristy Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 am

Hi Deryn. Sorry, I missed this post completely. Indeed I have been liking this warm weather. I have planted all my spuds and sown carrot seeds outside. I hope I dont live to regret this but, the soil has warmed so I have taken a chance. The good thing is that if it all fails then there is plenty of time to resow. Raining today which is good news not only for the germination but I can now power wash the poly covers. Easy job in the wet I have found. We have been selling rhubarb at the mart these past few weeks. Early it is. Smile

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Ha ha! Ye're an amusing bunch! Very Happy We're completely snowed in here - roads pretty much impassable in places!

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:02 pm

There's only one thing for this "mild weather": a pint of real cider - into a saucepan with a spoon of honey, a stick of cinnamon, a few cloves and the zest of a lemon. Bring it just to the boil, take it off the heat, chuck in a tot of rum and Bob's your uncle!

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down