Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harvest time.

2 posters

Go down

Harvest time. Empty Harvest time.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Harvest time. Img02011
Not a bad crop. Very pleased. We also dug our first lot of early spuds Very Happy
Hows things going with you?

Back to top Go down

Harvest time. Empty Re: Harvest time.

Post by Deryn Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:46 pm

That's a pretty impressive crop. Were they grown in polytunnel?
Had our first carrots tonight. Beetroot been ready for a couple of weeks. Runner beans flowering well. Onions are outside and went in late due to the non existent spring, so they have a long way to go. Spuds too.

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:20 pm

They look good. What variety are they? My first early spuds (Red Duke o' York) are blossoming, onions (Stuttgarters) are over a foot high and looking good, garlic is nearly ready to pull and runners making good progress. Only real failure is parsnips -
sown twice so far and no germination. Indoors, carrots coming nicely; tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflowers, calabrese, french climbers, peppers, squashes all doing well. Eating lettuces, chard, spinach, beetroot, scallions, kale.

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 am

Good stuff lads. The onions were a Dutch overwintering variety (lost label), they were planted in the poly last September as were the Garlic. What is in the polytunnels are looking good but outside is a different story. We picked our first crop of early peas yesterday, I will get another picking before replanting for a later crop. Spring cabbage are good and we will have to take some to the mart before they go over. I only do one planting of these as I cut the stems and let them resprout. With a bit of liquid feed I can keep them producing well into next spring. Outside my runners are about a foot high. Maincrop peas are only about 50% up. Maincrop carrots are just showing. Beetroot are a way off yet. Main crop onions (centurion) are about a foot high. Lots more stuff in but pretty dismal looking. We need rain!!. As for parsnips which are always a fiddling thing to germinate, I do have a crop growing. So fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down