Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hows your harvest going?

Go down

Hows your harvest going? Empty Hows your harvest going?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:01 am

Its that time of year again. A good summer me thinks but not everything loved it. How did your summer go?

Back to top Go down

Hows your harvest going? Empty Re: Hows your harvest going?

Post by Deryn Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:47 pm

The runner beans did very well and the cabbages were huge, tomatoes still producing plenty and just picked the last cucumber.
Sprouts not looking to happy and the peppers did nothing but on the whole a very successful year but I must get into the habit of preserving more for the winter. Good job we can go to the shop and not have to rely on our produce, although we don't end up buying much, thank goodness.

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:09 am

Hi Deryn. Like yourself my Runners and Cabbages were fine, and also like you my Sprouts are less so. The plants look good enough but the actual sprouts are only just forming. We do have very good Peppers and Chillies though. Perhaps a bit late. Peas did very well and we have just harvested a second crop of earlies. The Tomatoes did not do so well and now look awful. We have enough preserved as sauce and frozen to last us but did not have any to sell. The Brockley was also pretty much a failure. Huge plants but no heads. I think that the seed packet had the wrong label and what I have is Purple Sprouting. All our fruit did very well and the freezers are full so very pleased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum