Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird table 2020

2 posters

Go down

Bird table 2020 Empty Bird table 2020

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:41 pm

My bird feeding station is in full swing now. I'm feeding peanuts, fat balls and occasional sunflower seeds. 4 Coal Tits are in constant attendance, half a dozen Blue Tits and the same of Great Tits. Siskins make regular appearances along with Goldfinches and dozens of House Sparrows and Chaffinches. Picking up the dropped crumbs on the ground are Robins, Hedge Sparrows and Blackbirds. Feasting on the leftover apples are Fieldfares and Mistle Thrushes. Song Thrushes are there too - mostly hunting for worms - but, curiously, very few Redwings. Occasional Bullfinches, Pied and Grey Wagtails. Hopefully the list will increase over the winter!

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Bird table 2020 Empty Re: Bird table 2020

Post by cristy Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:37 am

My bird feeding station sees far fewer species than yours Sean. We do have Redwings and I watched a flock of field Fares working a field opposite. The numbers of birds working the feeders are few but we do have Goldcrest, Wren, Sparrows, Robin, Blackbird, Blue tit, Great tit, Goldfinch, Pied wagtail. Chaffinch, Song & Mistle Thrush. I have a bucket of waste Xmas cake trimmings from the mart to put out and so hopefully more birds will come and visit.

cristy

Back to top Go down