Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Season.

2 posters

Go down

2020 Season. Empty 2020 Season.

Post by cristy Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:49 am

The spuds grow a pace in the poly as do the onions, peas and garlic. The peach tree is showing signs of blossoming so action at last. I am in the process of giving the potting shed and hundreds of pots a good clean, which is something I have let slip over the last few years. The propagator is full of seedlings and planted seeds. Its been a bit of a dreary winter so good to see some signs of life:D

cristy

Back to top Go down

2020 Season. Empty Re: 2020 Season.

Post by Sean Ph'lib Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Hoping to get my first earlies in tomorrow in the poly. Garlic is growing well, also broad beans. Onions are coming nicely in the greenhouse. I might start a few early peas tomorrow.

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:45 am

Early Spuds look powerful, I may get them in May fingers crossed. Yesterday I planted the main crop peas in bog roll tubes (Alderman), also Sweet Beets, Brockley, Saladins, and had to replant the Chillies as a damn mouse got in and eat the lot Evil or Very Mad The Peach tree is in full flower and once it starts to produce pollen I shall whip around them with a soft brush. The poly tunnels are looking good and productive and not much room left so later crops will have to go outside. We have started selling cut flowers at the mart which go quickly so things are looking good at present.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:46 am

Spring work is progressing nicely, bit by bit. Onon sets and early spuds planted; carrots sowed; apple trees pruned and all grafting finished. Hoping to get parsnips sowed today and more coppicing done. Busy busy busy!

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:26 am

We have been cracking on here too. The poly tunnels are looking fine except for my early spuds. i let them get a bit frosted a few weeks back which spoilt the look of them but they are now growing away again. The outside planting I have not done yet, the soil is too cold me thinks. In the potting shed things are really happening. Seedlings every where and i am running out of space. I know I should be cacooned but I need some more seeds so a trip to Lidl is planned. I did not do any grafting this year. I have nearly finished the rain water harvesting project so a bit of rain would be nice.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum