Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbits are back.

2 posters

Go down

Rabbits are back. Empty Rabbits are back.

Post by cristy Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm

After a lapse of six years wild rabbits are at last back. Not enough for me to reach for the gun but hopefully they will get established enough for me to bag a few.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Rabbits are back. Empty Re: Rabbits are back.

Post by Sean Ph'lib Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:06 pm

They never got scarce hereabouts. The place is walking with them - thousands of them. You could live off them easily - if you had to! Come the 1st October, I'll start having rabbit pie, rabbit stew, braised rabbit... etc. The dogs have rabbit nearly every day - and without even having to catch them: you can't travel a mile on the road without coming across half a dozen killed by cars. Waste not, want not!

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:50 pm

I hope they get established here. Rabbit on the BBQ is my favourite way to cook them although they do make a half decent stew of course. Looking at my old dog lying asleep on the carpet makes me think he is no longer up to the job. Tempest Fugit.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 pm

My advice to anyone with an old dog is: get a pup! A pup seems to put new life into the old dog somehow and, when the sad time comes for the old dog to go the way of all flesh, it makes it easier to have the young dog there for comfort.

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down