Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Dinner.

3 posters

Go down

Christmas Dinner. Empty Christmas Dinner.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:07 am

So what are you lads having for xmas dinner? I was planning to have my 15lb broiler but with opposition from my girls I am now going to buy a turkey Crying or Very sad . I have been sternly told that Christmas dinner must have a turkey. Surprisingly, in the past we have had everything from Goose to Guinea Fowl. Ho Hum. This is what happens when you only have women in the house. Mad

Back to top Go down

Christmas Dinner. Empty Re: Christmas Dinner.

Post by Deryn Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:46 pm

We always have our biggest joint of goat I can find in the freezer. I would rather have the home grown chicken than turkey any day, I'm with you on that one

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Monst Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm

we are having roast chicken, not our own unfortunately, as we don't breed any more, so just a shop bought one from Dunnes. But home grown snips and carrots, and of course home made crackers hats etc. Other than that, just a very quiet Christmas day.
Monst
Monst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Judging by the lack of replies to your thread Wayland, I'm guessing most people will be fasting - or too ashamed to reveal what they will be inflicting upon their families. As for myself, it's going to be: smoked salmon and white port for starters; for the main event: roasted cockerel, stuffed with mashed spuds, onions and herbs, accompanied by roasted parsnips, brussells sprouts, leeks and roasted spuds, with gravy and quince jelly (and lots of cider); everything home-grown. Followed by homemade Christmas pudding and cream. Then, Stilton, crackers and Port. And, to round it off, Christmas cake and sloe gin. I know it ain't a feast, but times are tough and as an old friend of mine used to say: "when you'll make use of what you've got, you will not miss what you have not."

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:43 am

Do you have any spare seats at your table Sean? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum