Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Quail season.

Go down

2021 Quail season. Empty 2021 Quail season.

Post by cristy Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:03 pm

I have a third lot of eggs in the incubator. The entire first clutch was taken by Magpies who got into the shed while my back was turned. Leaving the door open did not help of course. The second clutch grows apace and will soon need moving on to a bigger cage. The third clutch of thirty eggs are due to be off the rollers next week so fingers crossed for them. I culled the breeding stock last week as they were old birds by quail standards. So I will be selecting ten hens as replacements. I need fresh blood for the breeding stock so am on the lookout for a suitable cock from somewhere. Only four left in the freezer.

cristy

Back to top Go down

2021 Quail season. Empty Re: 2021 Quail season.

Post by cristy Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:44 am

I need fresh blood in my flock. So anyone know of a good Quail breeder in Leinster/Munster who can supply me with Japanies Giant Cocks?

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:02 pm

Well, I just got back from the Myshall poultry sale with six young Bob White Quails, two of which are cocks. So very pleased even though the cocks have a reputation of being like "Junkyard dogs" affraid affraid

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down