Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackberry and apple cobbler

Go down

Blackberry and apple cobbler Empty Blackberry and apple cobbler

Post by Sean Ph'lib Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Try this:
Take a cast iron skillet and chuck in a big lump of butter ( I made my last one with bacon grease and it was delicious ) and slice in a big apple ( I use cookers but, if you have a sweet tooth, use desserts).  Let 'em fry away gently for a minute or two and chuck in a cupful of blackberries.  While they're softening,  put a cup of s r flour in a bowl and beat in an egg and a pinch of salt.  Add 4 teaspoons of honey and enough cream to make a stiff batter.  Spoon this onto the apple mixture in the pan and stick on a lid of some kind.  About five minutes later, take off the lid, take out the cobbler,  pour cream over and go to town on it! Razz

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Blackberry and apple cobbler Empty Re: Blackberry and apple cobbler

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks Sean. I have one problem with your recipe. A cast iron skillet. Would a non stick chinese wok do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:56 pm

I daresay you could get away with it Wayland, but it ain't really the the thing, is it? - if you know what I mean. It's like drinking beer out of a plastic cup. Laughing

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down