Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox again!!!

2 posters

Go down

Fox again!!! Empty Fox again!!!

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Just when I thought that my birds are secure I lost five birds last night Crying or Very sad . The Duck House in question was surrounded by chain link fence stapled to the house. There must have been some rot set in and Ranard was able to lift one corner of the chain link and eat his way through the wooden wall. He left me two dead birds which I am now using as bait Twisted Evil If they return tonight they will be in for a shock Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Fox again!!! Empty Re: Fox again!!!

Post by Deryn Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Sorry to hear that. Have you thought of a strand of electric fence around the bottom outside, sometimes they can sense it. We only lost some the night some bugger nicked the energiser, but that was in the UK

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Fri May 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Sorry to hear that Wayland. I know how it feels. Two nights in a row last week he was trying to get into my henhouse. Luckily the dogs heard the hens making commotion and woke me. I let the dogs out and they chased him away. I saw him the first night but couldn't get a clear shot. He hasn't been back since, but it's only a matter of time...

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 am

They were back again last night! Unfortunately they tried to pull one of my carcass bait`s through the fence  and so did not spring the trap. Now the bait is away from the fence so hopefully they will get into the run and then I have him. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum