Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The need to make a living!

2 posters

Go down

The need to make a living! Empty The need to make a living!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:42 am

We don`t farm much land, about a couple of acres half of which includes a Willow plantation. So no living possible here, at best a paying hobbie. I think the need to make a living from a small acreage would be too stressful and would soon loose the enjoyment factor. Lucky for us we have Pensions coming in each month so the failure of am enterprise would not be the end of the world. So what are your thoughts lads?

Back to top Go down

The need to make a living! Empty Re: The need to make a living!

Post by cristy Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:37 am

Last year at the mart has been quite exceptional I am happy to say. It has been full on for most of the year so a winter restbite is much appreciated. I still cant believe I am growing flowers but they earn more cash than veg. More than paid my feed bill. Very pleased.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:56 pm

Very good Cristy! One has to get a few bob from somewhere - I get it from apples, honey, vegetables and (I blush to say it) backing horses!

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:36 pm

I am useless at backing horses. It would be quicker for me just to give the bookies the cash.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum