The proposed Brexit Border!

Post by wayland on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:33 am

Any comments lads?
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The proposed Brexit Border!

Post by Sean Ph'lib on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 am

As an entrenched misanthrope, I'd put a border around my own little holding if I could. As far as I can see, all governments are run by insane people and the bigger they get, the more insanity rules. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd prefer to see every country managing its own affairs and not being beholden to an out-of-control leviathan like the EU, but there again, you'd need a government of intelligent people - not like the collection of abysmal, mentally challenged hypocrites that we're stuck with here.

Sean Ph'lib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlarua on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 pm

What irks me is that the EU sends a lot of money to countries - like Ireland - for the likes of conservation, or job creation, etc... But it seldom reaches the public or projects for which it is intended. There seem to be a lot of sticky fingers ...

The idea that a behemoth like the EU has some little, bored civil servant in an office somewhere, who decides that hoovers and hairdryers can not go over a certain rpm is just madness to me...
The EU is also pushing Ireland about using smokeless coal nationwide and getting rid of peat by 2019. That will mean that no one could cut turf from their plots. I wonder where that would leave Bórd na Mona and the electricity generation for Ireland, since the majority is generated by burning coal

As for the border..? Don't get me started. Good luck to the customs man rifling through the vast amount of asda shopping bags in my car
Carlarua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wayland on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:11 am

Looking at the document now agreed apparently by all....What has actually been achieved?. All this rhetoric about borders or no borders, vetoes etc. Dont get me wrong, I am very happy and relieved that at last progress has been made but, the political jargon that we have been fed over the weeks bears little resemblance to the actual document. Wheels within wheels I suppose. I wish they would just get on with it.
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down