Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The proposed Brexit Border!

4 posters

Go down

The proposed Brexit Border! Empty The proposed Brexit Border!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:33 am

Any comments lads?

Back to top Go down

The proposed Brexit Border! Empty Re: The proposed Brexit Border!

Post by Sean Ph'lib Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 am

As an entrenched misanthrope, I'd put a border around my own little holding if I could. As far as I can see, all governments are run by insane people and the bigger they get, the more insanity rules. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd prefer to see every country managing its own affairs and not being beholden to an out-of-control leviathan like the EU, but there again, you'd need a government of intelligent people - not like the collection of abysmal, mentally challenged hypocrites that we're stuck with here.

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlarua Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 pm

What irks me is that the EU sends a lot of money to countries - like Ireland - for the likes of conservation, or job creation, etc... But it seldom reaches the public or projects for which it is intended. There seem to be a lot of sticky fingers ...

The idea that a behemoth like the EU has some little, bored civil servant in an office somewhere, who decides that hoovers and hairdryers can not go over a certain rpm is just madness to me...
The EU is also pushing Ireland about using smokeless coal nationwide and getting rid of peat by 2019. That will mean that no one could cut turf from their plots. I wonder where that would leave Bórd na Mona and the electricity generation for Ireland, since the majority is generated by burning coal

As for the border..? Don't get me started. Good luck to the customs man rifling through the vast amount of asda shopping bags in my car
Carlarua
Carlarua

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:11 am

Looking at the document now agreed apparently by all....What has actually been achieved?. All this rhetoric about borders or no borders, vetoes etc. Dont get me wrong, I am very happy and relieved that at last progress has been made but, the political jargon that we have been fed over the weeks bears little resemblance to the actual document. Wheels within wheels I suppose. I wish they would just get on with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 am

Well its been a year since the last post here. And now!. I have to admit a bit of admiration for Theresa May`s fortitude. She may well pull off what looks like an impossible task. I am not partisan at all but It would not surprise me if the PM goes back to the EU. They refuse to move on their agreement. She then goes to the country and let the people decide on a hard or soft brexit. I think there would be a lot of public support for accepting the deal on offer. So shutting up all that rabble in westminster.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:02 pm

Will there ever be an end to this shambles?

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 am

Deryn wrote:Will there ever be an end to this shambles?

Hi Deryn. I have the solution Very Happy . I have not watched the news for over two months. Ignorance is total bliss. I wish the EU would loose patience and just close the door. It would shut the mouths of those brainless bunch of MP`s in Westminster . Anyway. I for one are not interested anymore:evil: Evil or Very Mad

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down