Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busy Busy Busy.

2 posters

Go down

Busy Busy Busy. Empty Busy Busy Busy.

Post by cristy Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:28 am

Well I got me early spuds in, Queens and Red duke of York. They have a good covering of straw and more ready if we get a frost at night. i have not yet planted me Shallots so thats a job for today. I want to get an early start planting a few verities of seeds this year, so I have made a start on giving the potting shed a good clean as well as the hundreds of pots and seed trays. I wont go too over the top with the seeds just Toms, Leeks, and Chillies. Trying to protect hundreds of seedlings too early is not the idea. Its been great getting stuff started after spending too long eating, drinking and dozing in me chair. Nice as it was drunken Sleep confused

cristy

Back to top Go down

Busy Busy Busy. Empty Re: Busy Busy Busy.

Post by Sean Ph'lib Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:10 pm

Cristy, I presume those spuds are in the polytunnel? I won't be setting my Red Duke o' Yorks till St Patrick's day and my British Queens shortly after that. We seem to like the same spuds - can I suggest you try a few rows of Setanta? Pretty much immune to blight, good cropper, good flavour, floury spuds which keep well. Grew them last year and still eating them. So impressed, they're going to be my only maincrop this year.

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:39 pm

I will give Setanta a go this year. Cheers.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum