Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats is a Cockerpoo?

2 posters

Go down

Whats is a Cockerpoo? Empty Whats is a Cockerpoo?

Post by cristy Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Sean has suggested that to buck up Blaze, my getting a bit long in the tooth lab, I should get a pup to give the old boy a new lease of life (or finish him off). So I am warming to the idea. Most of my dogs in the past have been Lurchers of various crosses. We had a great Doberman, a number of gun dogs in the form of an English Springer`s and Labs. But what now? I dont think I am up to giving a running dog enough excercise these days nor for that matter a Springer. But a less frantic King Charles might fit the bill. So I thought I would ask the two woman who share my house. Cockerpoo was a unanimous suggestion. What the F**k is a Cockerpoo?

cristy

Back to top Go down

Whats is a Cockerpoo? Empty Re: Whats is a Cockerpoo?

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 pm

A Cockapoo is a sort of breed bred back in the 1960's, a cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle. They're dogs bred to be pets, not for any real purpose. They're fine if you just want a dog for a pet but... not my idea of a real dog (like a border collie or a lurcher)! What about a Whippet?

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:20 pm

I do like running dogs Sean and although I have never owned a Whippet, I once had an excellent cross, being crossed with a Bedlington Terrier. Brandy was a fine friend, the best dog to have around while stalking the woods at night looking for roosting Pheasants. He is always in the fore front of my memory. I have always thought that Greyhounds/Whippets are a bit too highly strung and they have substituted brains for speed. An attribute that does not particularly suit my personality me thinks. As to Cockerpoo`s, Both the Spaniel and Poodle are working dogs although those ridiculous Poodle cuts make them look anything but. I think that both breeds would have latent hunting instincts, and so, maybe. Of course to talk about hunting with dogs is regarded as a complete no no in some quarters. Apparently, Cockerpoos dont moult..

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum