Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limping Duck

3 posters

Go down

Limping Duck Empty Limping Duck

Post by Deryn Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 pm

I have a runner duck that is limping with no obvious signs of damage. She seems fine in herself and is still laying, would you do anything with it or just see how it goes

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Limping Duck Empty Re: Limping Duck

Post by Monst Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 am

I would see how she goes, with their flat feet, its easy for the to step on a thorn or some such I'm sure she'll be fine in a few days, I would just keep an eye open
Monst
Monst

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Thank you, will do.

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:55 am

I hope your runner is showing signs of recovery. Smile Like Monst says " Keep an eye on it. Perhaps a close eye. I seem to remember having a duck which had a foot ailment which ended up with its feet disintegrating. Quite nasty. I remember reading about an ailment which caused this, but I dont remember the details.

Back to top Go down

Post by Monst Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:27 am

maybe if you can catch the duck and give its foot the "once over" you may find the problem, although I am sure you have already thought of that one
Monst
Monst

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:54 pm

She is much better today, thank you. Am going to catch her and have a good look when I let them out in the morning as they are not called runner ducks for nothing Very Happy

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Ducks are forever going lame. Just make sure you get her into safety at night and 99% of the time she'll be ok. Sometimes it takes a week or more for them to recover but I have found catching and examining them does more harm than good.

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Thank you Sean, she seems fine now and it certainly stressed her out catching her. If there is a next time i will leave it longer before attempting to catch them

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum