Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's happened?

4 posters

Go down

What's happened? Empty What's happened?

Post by Sean Ph'lib Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:01 pm

What's happened lads? Has everyone died? Nobody's posted since Wayland went on holiday. I posted about killing a fox which got no responses after three or four days, so I took it down. Is our little forum dead in the water?

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

What's happened? Empty Re: What's happened?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:43 am

Not dead here. I`m just snoozing under the apple tree Sleep Sleep Sleep We have given up trying to compete with this glorious summer. Now we are just enjoying it. Hows yerself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 am

Not dead here either, although feel like it at times in this heat. Lost our internet for a couple of weeks, which was very pleasant. Was wondering myself where everyone was.

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:30 pm

It's all right for some - snoozing under apple trees! I'm up to my eyes in bees -and honey. I can't keep up with them. The hives have so many supers on they're in danger of toppling over. I'm now reduced to just opening hives, taking out full frames of honey and replacing them with empty frames - which are full again after three days! I'm actually running out of buckets to put the honey in! In over 40 years beekeeping, I never saw such a flow of honey. Will it ever turn cold and rain to give a fellow a break?

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:36 am

Sniffing the air this morning. A break is on the way Sean. Hang on in there mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drowned_pig Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Apologies I am awful at remembering to log on here, not sure why as I’m always on the ‘puter!
Sean I’m very jealous of your honey ...we ventured into beekeeping last year and they all died over Christmas Sad
Tried unsuccessfully to catch a swarm all summer but in the end had to fork out another 220 fo a new hive ...fingers crossed we’ll get some honey next year
Drowned_pig
Drowned_pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Drowned Pig. Nice to hear from you. Good luck with your bees. Its a bad business losing a colony especially if you only had one to start with. I am in the same boat here. I caught a swarm in May and have been a bit paranoid about them since. Just cross everything and hope for the best. I now have wasp traps all around the hive but there does not seem to be too many of those Jaspers around here thank the Gods. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Monst Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

not dead here either, its been such a good summer, and health hasn't been so good, but when I have been well, I've been keeping busy in the workshop making and mending. I pop in and out occasionally, but I don't use the browser this site is linked to as much now. But I'm still here lol
Monst
Monst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum