Worst Spring ever!

Go down

Worst Spring ever!

Post by Sean Ph'lib on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:39 pm

The Spring here has been an unmitigated disaster. Nobody around here has onions or early spuds planted. I myself have a greenhouse bulging with seedlings of warious types, but nothing planted out yet. I never saw a year like it. Normally there is some few days of fine weather, but not this year. I think it was this day twelve months ago the first Swallow arrived. If they've any sense, they'll stay put this year!

Sean Ph'lib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Spring ever!

Post by Deryn on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Same here Sean, plenty of seedlings in trays. Desperate to get onion sets in. They are forecasting a heatwave by the end of the month. One extreme to the other

Deryn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 am

As the rest of us, but things are now moving at last. Like you Sean,we have seedlings everywhere most will need to be pricked out soon. My Toms are now still in their pots but some are in the poly. Just watching them for signs of stress. Looks ok at the moment. I checked the raised bed yesterday with the view of planting Onions but it is still too claggy. Same for the Main crop spuds but the bed looks better and I will be planting there soon. Thank the Gods for poly tunnels. Mine look well thanks to being the only areas I could garden during this gloomy wet winter/spring. We have early peas in flower, Onions and Garlic look very good. Early spuds are up and will need earthing up soon. Spring Cabbage, lettuce, Scallions are well underway. So apart from a sad looking Peach tree, there are some positives around the plot. Goodluck lads and chin up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drowned_pig on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:23 pm

We got some onion sets down a couple of weeks ago and some carrots in the polytunnel everything else is still in pots - although this morning I transplanted some turnips to the ground ...I hate the bloody things but they’re for the pigs, it will be typical if they’re the only things that grown! I thought my tomatoes were doing ok until I saw the ones at the garden center Sad
But at least we have eggs ...lots and lots of eggs!
Drowned_pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down