Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainy days and sheds

2 posters

Go down

Rainy days and sheds Empty Rainy days and sheds

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Are any of you strange creatures like myself in that, of a rainy day, you prefer to sit in a shed, looking out at the rain, the hens running for cover, the ducks glorying in it, rather than sitting in the house by the fire watching the execrable goggle-box? I made a little wood-burning stove out of a gas drum and I keep a kettle of water bubbling on top to make hot whiskies - of course, if you're one of those poor people who drink tea, you could use it for that! Tea! As the great, late, William Cobbett described it: "a debaucher of youth, an engenderer of efeminacy and a bringer of misery in old age".

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Rainy days and sheds Empty Re: Rainy days and sheds

Post by Monst Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Never been one for whiskey, the odd bottle of rum or brandy maybe, but a long time ago. Tea-total now, can't remember when I last had a drink. But I love being in my workshop, playing with wood, love hearing the rain hitting the tin roof.
Monst
Monst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am

Interesting topic Very Happy . In the past I have built me self folles (or that is what my OH called them). I have many "Man sheds" here but have not yet built me a folly. I have a wild life corner with mature trees and plenty of cover for the critters. I plan to build a round house here complete with a hearth in the centre. I have some ethnic drums and enjoy beating out a few rhythms and partaking in a few tots etc to boot Very Happy . I am not much of a TV bloke, apart from a few science programs and documentaries. I do cook a bit but music is my passion, folk, classical and the occasional rock classic. The latter would have no place in me folly I hasten to add. Might scare the critters away. I will get the round house built soon I hope. Just got to collect the materials from where ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum