Name Change

Go down

Name Change

Post by Deryn on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Changing the name doesn't seem to have made any difference to contributors on this site, does it?
Would be nice to have more users, Can we advertise it any where?
I don't do social media at all but it does reach loads of people. Is this an option?

Deryn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Name Change

Post by Monst on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 pm

I am on facebook, but to be honest I only have selected "friends" just use it mainly to keep in touch with family, I have seen a number of visitors to the site though, at different times I have popped in.
Monst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:31 pm

That's a good sign. Here's to this year

Deryn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:45 pm

It looks to me that there just aren't many people in this country interested in living the good life. Just look at the small number of allotment holders here compared to England. It seems people are more interested in pubs, computers and televisions - which is a sad state of affairs.

Sean Ph'lib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wayland on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:34 am

The whole ethos of Self Sufficiency seems to me to run in cycles. We all remember guro`s such as John Seymour in the 60`s and 70`s, and more recent HFW. We even had "The good Life" on the television. J S long gone "Bless Him". HFW now still of interest but is more interested in cooking than the day to day running of a smallholding. The "River Cottage" forum site had thousands of members virtually over night. Now sadly long since defunct. For my part I will continue to support our site no matter how few members we have, and wait for the next high profiled profit to appear and get the ball rolling again.
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Yep, that's all we (As ol' Will Shakespeare said" "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers") can do.

Sean Ph'lib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum