Collecting water.

Go down

Collecting water. Empty Collecting water.

Post by cristy on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 am

We have some italian interlopers nearby. I have a standpipe on the plot covered with that spongy insulation yoke. It must be quite wet as yesterday large numbers of Italian bees were taking water from it. There is plenty of water around so why they chose the standpipe I dont know. My Bees are doing a bit but not with much enthusiasm. Loads of Bumbles around though, working hard.

cristy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Collecting water. Empty Re: Collecting water.

Post by Sean Ph'lib on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:16 pm

It''s a sure sign that there is no honey-flow going on. Mine are drawing from the pond - hundreds of them. As soon as the water-gathering stops, you know there's a honey-flow.

Sean Ph'lib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:35 am

I watched a few of these Italians buzzing around the entrance of the swarm hive. One went straight in and shot out soon afterwards. I am getting a bit paranoid and thought Robbers!. Donning my gear I went inside to have a look. No problems noted and having disturbed the colony sent an army of my bees at the entrance. Which sore off the Italians. It could have been just a scout looking for a new home for an impending swarm. Like I say, I am getting a bit paranoid.

cristy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down