Self Sufficiency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Quickening.

3 posters

Go down

The Quickening. Empty The Quickening.

Post by cristy Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Its been a good day after all that eating, drinking and sat in the chair clown  So i've been on the roof pointing the ridge tiles.  I planted me shallots and a few of early spuds. I know its not yet 2019 but there is summit in the air.
I have heard that it`s going to be a hard winter. Perhaps nature knows different,
The Quickening. 2018-113

The Quickening. 2018-115

cristy

Back to top Go down

The Quickening. Empty Re: The Quickening.

Post by Deryn Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:37 pm

I too have heard we are in for a hard winter. I had better get my arse in gear and get the apple tree holes dug ready for them.
Hope your roof wasn't leaking. That was very brave getting on a roof.
I spent the day strimming rushes and mucking out poultry. Have to make the most of this weather

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:00 am

I did have a bit of a leak, and have been waiting for a bit of dry weather. Not brave but it needed doing. A simple enough job but I admit my age is taking a bit of a toll. I have in the past been running all over the roof doing various jobs but now I feel less comfortable doing it. I even tied a rope around the chimney and wore a safety harness. Tempus fugit Very Happy Very Happy. Good luck with your new orchard. You wont go far wrong under Sean`s tutelage. I am not convinced that we are going to have a hard time this winter but there's still plenty of time for another best from the east. Fingers crossed.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:47 pm

For some reason, my trousers and waistcoat seem to have shrunk over the Christmas...and the bathroom scales is gone wrong... I've known this to happen before at this time of year - I believe the weather is to blame...

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:39 pm

lol!
My clothes have shrunk too. Definitely the weather!

Deryn

Back to top Go down

Post by cristy Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:30 am

Very Happy . I knows what you mean. Sean I see that you wear a waistcoat. Gloria gave me one for xmas. A Harris Tweed. Luv it, it is somewhere to hang me new pocket watch. All I need now is to save up for the jacket and trousers. I do have a good pair of "Stirling" brown brogues though.

cristy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Stirling brogues eh? And Harris Tweed waistcoat! No expense spared there! Cool Nice to see someone dressing with a bit of style! And why not? Sad to say, most people now dress like down-at-heel American drug-pushers - tracksuits, running shoes etc. Those items of apparel used to be worn only by athletes but now... most people wearing them are straining to walk, never mind run!

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:01 pm

Well, the Quickening is upon us once more, Thank God! Hazel catkins out, Garlic four inches high - daffodils six inches! There's a good half hour stretch in the evening now too. The day will soon be long enough for a body to sicken himself with work if he's inclined. Good coppicing weather now. And I must dig up some raspberry stools to plant above in the wood - also blackcurrants and gooseberries - I mean to let them establish themselves and run wild -- great for the birds and insects

Sean Ph'lib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down