Crow Pie [additional characters required by weird computer abcdefg]

Go down

Crow Pie [additional characters required by weird computer abcdefg]

Post by Torc on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:06 am

I have just chased a gang of ruffians that were stealing my far-from-ripe apples. One would pinch the stems and let them drop to the ground and then the whole murder (I believe this is the correct term) would pounce.

They will be back of course and as I can't set up 24-hour surveillance I reckon I will lose the  lot.

When I catch one of the scoundrels I intend to turn him into crow pie. Would it taste of apple, I wonder.

Torc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crow Pie [additional characters required by weird computer abcdefg]

Post by wayland on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:54 am

Strewth mate! There is a similar problem in our lane but the vandals tare up front gardens.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Ye Gods. I read that as Cow Pie. Like Cows not Crows. A clear senior moment.

Last edited by wayland on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi Torc, have you tried a larsen trap. We had quite good results. Catching the first is always the hardest

Deryn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torc on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:43 pm

I haven't tried a trap yet but may be driven to it. They are only plundering one tree at the moment and haven't gone on to the ones in another area. I'm hoping they leave the others alone.

Torc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:00 pm

I had an attack on one of my trees the day gefore yesterday. Luckily I spotted them before too much damage was done and scared them away. There was a flock of about ten - mostly juvenile rooks with a couple of older ones. I'm guessing they were a couple of family groups.  That was at around 8am. I checked again half an hour later and they were back! This time I had the double-barrell with me, but I don't shóot rooks (or any other creatures I can't eat - except mink, rats and foxes)  However, a couple of blasts over their heads as they fled let them know they weren't welcome and I haven't seen them since.  A neighbour of mine once had similar trouble with crows stealing his spuds.  "I made a bit of a scarecrow out of some of the wife's old clothes," he said,  "and stuck it up in the field.  It looked quite like the wife, actually, only not so scary - after all, I only wanted to frighten 'em - not give 'em nightmares!"
  "Did it work?" I asked.
  "Did it work?" he repeated. "I'll say it worked! It gave them such a fright that they flew away and brought back the spuds they stole last year! "

Sean Ph'lib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wayland on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content