How's everyone holding up?

Go down

How's everyone holding up?

Post by Carlarua on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Hot weather, water shortages, bog fires, slow grass growth ....

How is everyone doing ?

I'm in full hot weather mode ; rehydration salts, shorts and straw hat are on the daily menu and it's hard going.
3 months ago we had 8 foot snow banks, and it's bog fires and a dwindling water supply we have to worry about these days. Did I mention somewhere on this forum that I wouldn't be complaining about how warm it would be this summer ??? ;-)
Carlarua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's everyone holding up?

Post by wayland on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:51 am

Hi Carlarua. I was wondering how much you was enjoying the summer. I have just got back from the UK and now we have a lot of work to do to try and save crops etc. The fields have very little in them to sustain stock. I guess there will be a glut of cheap Beef this fall. Still, like a cold, wet winter. It has to be dealt with and then onward Smile My stream is still running and the early spuds in the poly are dry but a crop is waiting to be dug up. I am wondering if I should just leave them there or dig them up. Good luck.
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deryn on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:30 am

WE NEED RAIN, I know I shouldn't say it cos once it starts it doesn't stop here but this is getting desperate. The ground has big cracks and plants are wilting. The only good thing is the hay is good and dry but there will be a shortage if we don't get wet stuff from the sky soon. Its hard to believe how long the winter was at this point.

Deryn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Ph'lib on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:39 pm

I dug my Red Duke o' Yorks yesterday. Steamed and anointed with salt and lashings of butter, they were !!!!!

Sean Ph'lib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wayland on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:02 am

I am now in philosophical mode Cool . Whatever the weather, it will be dealt with. What else can we do? The Duke of yorks are a distant memory (nice). The sharps are nearly gone (not so nice). The Charlotte are next and a particular favourite. The maincrop, Sarpo Mira and Blue Danube are looking powerful so fingers crossed with them. Some rain forecasted for later today, but serious rain towards next weekend. Apparently hurricane Chris has pushed the jet stream back to where it should be. Well, we shall see lads.
wayland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down